All week on World Cafe with David Dye, the Sense of Place series is exploring the city of Memphis and its musical heritage. Today, we take a video tour of historic Sun Studio – where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and more recorded their hit singles. You can listen to the Sense of Place series on WXPN at 2 p.m. Monday through Friday all this week, or at 7 p.m. on XPN2: Singer-Songwriter Radio.
The Swollen Fox has announced a special 3-year anniversary concert at PhilaMOCA on July 11th with TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb, Swift Technique and Shark Tape. Since its beginnings, the local music blog has diligently and thoroughly covered Philadelphia … Read More
- Watch Tin Bird Choir perform WXPN's lunchtime buskers' series at The Porch at 30th Street Station
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Patty Griffin at The Kimmel Center on June 6th
All week on World Cafe with David Dye, the Sense of Place series is exploring the city of Nashville and its rich heritage in country music and beyond. Today, David Dye gets a tour of the modern-day mecca for vinyl … Read More
- Nashville Sense of Place: Learn about the concert poster business at the legendary Hatch Show Print
- Nashville Sense of Place: Download the World Cafe Next segment about Luella and the Sun
Pissed Jeans sure know how to make the most of two and a half minutes. The first single from the local band’s upcoming Honeys LP is called “Cathouse,” and it’s a relentless punk jam with a killer shred explosion two … Read More
- Memphis Sense of Place: American Sound Studio, then and now
- Memphis Sense of Place: Download Rev. John Wilkins performance of "Prodigal Son"
Dawes was on World Cafe today. You can listen to the Michaela Majoun’s interview with Taylor and Griffin Goldmmsith and performance from the band here. During the session they performed “From A Window Seat,” “Most People,” “Just My Luck,” and … Read More
- Download a World Cafe session with Jim James (playing a sold-out show at Union Transfer tomorrow night)
- Get to know Escondido - download a World Cafe: Next podcast (playing Johnny Brendas on May 15)