All week on World Cafe with David Dye, the Sense of Place series is exploring the city of Memphis and its musical heritage. Today, we take a video tour of historic Sun Studio – where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and more recorded their hit singles. You can listen to the Sense of Place series on WXPN at 2 p.m. Monday through Friday all this week, or at 7 p.m. on XPN2: Singer-Songwriter Radio.
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
All week on World Cafe with David Dye, the Sense of Place series is exploring the city of Nashville and its rich heritage in country music and beyond. Today, David Dye gets a tour of the modern-day mecca for vinyl … Read More
- Nashville Sense of Place: Learn about the concert poster business at the legendary Hatch Show Print
- Nashville Sense of Place: Download the World Cafe Next segment about Luella and the Sun
Pissed Jeans sure know how to make the most of two and a half minutes. The first single from the local band’s upcoming Honeys LP is called “Cathouse,” and it’s a relentless punk jam with a killer shred explosion two … Read More
- Memphis Sense of Place: American Sound Studio, then and now
- Memphis Sense of Place: Download Rev. John Wilkins performance of "Prodigal Son"
The Wisconsin seven piece Phox are doing a World Cafe session with David Dye this week as part of the Cafe’s week long Sense of Place Austin series. This week there are featured sessions with singer-songwriters Alejandro Escovedo and Patty … Read More
- 20 Free World Cafe Downloads: this offer expires at Midnight tonight!
- Download a World Cafe performance of She & Him's "I Could Have Been Your Girl"