Philly rockers Satellite Hearts played a set at Norristown’s Walla Fest recently, psyching out to songs from their recent Imperial Green LP and sharing two new songs with the enthusiastic crowd, “Fearless Freaks” and “Fools Gold.” The tracks highlight the best of Satellite Hearts, with a rousing instrumental jam, anchored by bassist Lucas Rinz’s driving groove, threading the two songs together. Watch a video of the band performing “Fearless Freaks” and “Fools Gold” at Walla Fest below. Tickets and information for their show at World Cafe Live upstairs with Black Stars and Early Ape on March 24th can be found here.
Every year new traditions begin and that’s why I’ve invited The Hooligans back in to join me this coming Monday, March 17th for my St. Patrick’s Day Leicht Lunch at Noon. I’ll be previewing their appearance on the show by playing … Read More
- Watch Thee, Idea Men perform "Help Me Mama" live at Milkboy
- Former Philadelphians Cheers Elephant release lyric video for "Peoples"
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Save the date: The Clark Park Music & Arts Festival is September 21st (featuring The Fleeting Ends, The Districts, Black Stars, Thee, Idea Men and more)
The Clark Park Music & Arts Festival is happening on Saturday, September 21st, starting at Noon. The festival will feature over 40 vendors and 9 bands to celebrate the community supported Clark Park Fall Equinox Festival. Some of the bands … Read More
- Watch The Stone Foxes swagger and sway on a smoking live version of "Everybody Knows" (playing Milkboy Philly on Thursday, April 4th)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Reef the Lost Cauze at The Blockley, Modern Suits at The Barbary, Satellite Hearts and Black Stars at World Cafe Live
Watch Satellite Hearts perform their new single "Cost of Living" at Walla Fest (playing World Cafe Live on 3/24)
Philly rock band Satellite Hearts will release their new single “Cost of Living” on March 21st ahead of a mini spring tour. The single comes after the four-piece’s debut full-length Imperial Green (released last November) and proves that the band … Read More
- Philly Local Philes: Early Ape's "Human Zoo"