Philadelphia guitarist Chris Forsyth has shared a two-track LP on his Soundcloud, displaying once more how varied, but consistently on-point, his playing can be. Solar Motel Parts I-IV bob and weave, explode and retract and fly into the far corners of the cerebral stratosphere before circling back in for a pleasingly distorted, white noise coda. It’s not clear whether this recording will be made available in physical form yet, but you can stream it in full below. Chris Forsyth will be performing at Studio 34 on March 16th for the Archer Spade Performance Series; more information can be found here.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Local experimental duo Archer Spade (Dan Blacksberg and Nick Millevoi) will perform the world premeire of “TCHMENTREACH,” a piece they commissioned from prolific avant-garde metal guitarist Mick Barr, in West Philadelphia tonight. In addition to the premiere, Barr and … Read More
- Archer Spade Performance Series returns with Mary Lattimore / Jeff Zeigler Duo and Adam Caine (happening at Studio 34 on 1/19)
Today we bring you our latest Key Studio Sessions compilation, pulling together the best of what we’ve recorded in the final four months of 2013. I’m always psyched about these comps, but The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 in particular … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Anthony Green, La Maison Tellier, Oldermost
- Folkadelphia Bonus Session: Chris Forsyth
Bad Braids performs new song at First Unitarian Church (playing a Folkadelphia Presents show at Studio 34 on 3/14)
During her opening slot at the First Unitarian Church last Saturday, Bad Braids‘ Megan Biscieglia shared a new song that likely comes from her upcoming LP release. Though this performance features a solo Biscieglia, the local singer-songwriter called in fellow … Read More
- Watch Sondra Sun-Odeon perform "Samarkand" with Helena Espvall (playing a Folkadelphia Presents show at Studio 34 on 3/14)
- Interview: Joo Won Park wants you to listen closely (playing Studio 34 on Saturday)