To continue Helen Leicht’s Valentine’s Day countdown, we’re bringing you “Amore” by The Hooters. Each day until Valentine’s Day, we’ll post a new track from our With Love from WXPN playlist, courtesy of XPN Philly Local’s Helen Leicht. In compiling a list of love songs we love from Philly locals, it was clear that the playlist would have been incomplete without “Amore” by the Hooters, it’s arguable that “Amore” is one of the biggest love songs to come out of the City of Brotherly Love. Frontman Eric Bazilian performs a solo set at Steel City Coffeehouse this Saturday, February 9th.
In early October, we asked the question: Whatever Happened To Marah?. The short answer was that brothers Dave and Serge Bielanko, who took Philly by roots-rock storm in the late Nineties, began to break apart in the mid-aughts. While the … Read More
- Download Resistor's new single "Vincent van Gogh"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Red Fang at Underground Arts, Blackalicious at World Cafe Live
Local roots outfit Levee Drivers stopped by for this week’s Key Studio Session. The band recorded their signature 2008 track “Tennessee Girl” that all fans know and love, but surrounded it with brand new songs from their latest Live at … Read More
- Listen to Vacationer's remix of "In the City" by Caveman (playing Underground Arts on 12/12)
- Download "Biggie," a new song from Warpaint (playing UnionTransfer on 3/22)
Portland metal four-piece Red Fang unleash havoc at Underground Arts tonight. With the huge success of their full length Whales and Leeches, Red Fang toured extensively this year, bringing their heavy, badass brand of music around the country and world. Whales … Read More
- The 12 Days of Local Christmas: "Christmas on the Block" by Larry Saklad
- Review: Revisiting Mavericks with Chris Stamey and Peter Holsapple of The dBs
Resistor, the solo project of Philadelphian Steve Goldberg, is getting ready to release its debut LP First World Problems. Goldberg started the synth-pop-driven effort following the dissolution of his Arch Enemies band in 2012, releasing an early take of the … Read More
- XPN's Gotta Hear Song of the Week: "The West Wind" by Ryley Walker
- Stream Night Sins' new To London or The Lake
Just Announced: The Hooters, The Holmes Brothers, Billy Price will play opening weekend at Ardmore Music Hall
With the fall lineup at the new Ardmore Music Hall taking shape, the opening weekend bash was announced this morning, and it features a full-band hometown set from Philly 80s hitmakers The Hooters on Saturday, September 21st. On opening night … Read More
- Six classic Philly videos from MTV's "Golden Era"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes ALO to The Blockley, Denison Witmer at Johnny Brenda's, New Sweden at Steel City Coffeehouse, The Hooters with Good Old War at The Electric Factory
Happy Valentine's Day from Helen Leicht: Download the complete With Love, From WXPN Philly Local sampler
Each day this week The Key posted a love song from a local musician as part of the With Love, From WXPN Philly Local sampler. Now that the big day is just one sunset away, you can stream and download … Read More
- With Love, From WXPN Philly Local: Download Dan May's "Some Love"
- With Love, From WXPN Philly Local: Download Juston Stens & Jessica Lea Mayfield's "Strange Love"