When Creepoid drummer Pat Troxell and Moon Women‘s Justin Pittney get together for Residuels, you know it’s going to be a thrashing, heavy and loud experience. The three songs on their debut self-titled EP (release last November) sound like a boxing match between southern rock and underground punk, with “Maligned” forcing a catchy guitar riff into your brain (it’ll stay for a while). Tonight’s show at Kung Fu Necktie with Nashville rockers Natural Child is presented by Sailor Jerry. The 21+ event is free if you RSVP here and complementary Sailor Jerry drinks will be provided. Stream “Maligned” below and watch Natural Child’s “Ain’t Gonna Stop” music video after the jump.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Check out a brand new grungy song by Residuels, the two piece garage rock outfit out of Philadelphia made of of drummer Pat Troxell (Creepoid) and singer-guitarist Justin Pittney (Moon Women). The duo brings forth something super fuzzy and energetic, … Read More
- Listen to "Maligned," a new track from Residuels (opening for Trail of Dead on 11/18)
- Listen to a cover of The Gun Club's "Sex Beat" by Residuels (playing Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow night)