Live on the Public Radio Rocks stage at SXSW last week, up-and-coming Seattle band Pickwick performed “Hacienda Motel” for the crowd gathered for the WXPN-broadcasted daytime event. Watch the WFUV-produced video below and listen back to audio of Pickwick’s full set here (via the WXPN media player).
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
In anticipation of their new album, Electric Slave, out at the end of August, Austin-based Black Joe Lewis has released the new tune, “Come To My Party”, via Entertainment Weekly. The song is funky, blues-y, and doesn’t skimp on the … Read More
- Watch more videos of Charles Bradley, Vampire Weekend and Pickwick from WFUV's coverage of the Public Radio Rocks SXSW showcase
- SXSW Dispatch: Public Radio Rocks! showcase with Charles Bradley, Pickwick, Vampire Weekend and more
One of several sets Philly punk band Bleeding Rainbow played during SXSW last month was for BreakThruRadio and the New York-based video producers captured a portion of Yeah RIght single “Pink Ruff” on film. Sandwiched between “skronk pop” band UUVVWWZ and … Read More
- The Week So Far: 11 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Amos Lee, SXSW and Purling Hiss)
- SXSW Recap: Watch Iron & Wine perform "Naked As We Came" and listen to their entire set from the Public Radio Rocks showcase