With so many performances and surprises happening all over the city last Saturday for Record Store Day, it was impossible to see every great moment. Luckily, the Bands in the Backyard crew staked out a spot at AKA Music in Old City for the store’s showcase of local music by Heyward Howkins, Mikele Edwards, Bridge Underwater and Restorations. Check out two videos BITBY filmed during the day featuring Bridge Underwater and Restorations below.
Long-running New York pop-punk crew Bayside hit The Troc earlier this month for a sold-out show with Doylestown four-piece Daylight (which has since changed its name to Superheaven) and Mixtapes. Bayside is on tour in support of Cult, it’s first … Read More
- Psalmships soars with somber new single "Flesh Turn" from upcoming album I Sleep Alone
- Nick Millevoi set to release new record Numbers on the Side this month
New wave icon Boy George warmed up for his show tonight at the TLA with a rousing Free at Noon set before a sold-out World Cafe Live crowd. Having just collaborated with co-headliners Black Lips on a cover of T. … Read More
- Cheerleader promises new single, and they deliver with a satisfying preview
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
Circling back to his solo work after releasing recordings with satellite projects Many Arms and the Ricart / Millevoi Quartet, local guitarist Nick Millevoi will release Numbers on the Side this month at the Pageant: Soloveev Gallery. Spanning three tracks of … Read More
- Guitar deities and #xpnfest artists Rodrigo y Gabriela give a taste of their new album in "The Russian Messenger"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...Record Store Day, Earth Day on the way, Philadanco at home, and more!
A crowd gathered in A.K.A. Music in Old City Tuesday night not to peruse records, but to watch The Districts celebrate the release of their debut EP with Fat Possum Records. Ranging from devout listeners to random passersby, the buzzing … Read More
- The Districts gain more recognition before embarking on tour
- Free Show: Philebrity presents Lantern at A.K.A. Music on 9/6
It’s been a little over year since we’ve heard new music from Philly’s Bridge Underwater who became a three-piece last year with the addition of their old friend Max on bass. Today, they’re back to business and shivering with emotion … Read More
- The Key's Year End Mania: Kate Bracaglia’s Top 5 tunes by local artists
- Awesome Record Store Day event alert: Philebrity and AKA Music present Restorations, Bridge Underwater, Heyward Howkins and Mikele Edwards on Saturday, April 20
Today is the 7th annual Record Store Day. It’s a day to celebrate music, specifically the independent record stores that sell it and the exclusive vinyl selections by hundreds of bands being released as an incentive to get music fans … Read More
- DRGN King, Family Vacation, Big Tusk, Ghost Gum and more scheduled to play show on Record Store Day at Vinyl Revival Records
- The Key's guide to your Record Store Day shopping spree