DC / NYC post hardcore outfit Girls Against Boys have reunited and will be touring over the next several months. Fugazi drummer Brendan Canty organized the band as a side project in the late 80s before handing over the reigns to co-founder Eli Janney, who is now joined by Scott McCloud, Johnny Temple and Alexis Fleisig. With their most recent release dating back to 2002′s You Can’t Fight What You Can’t See, Girls Against Boys will embark on the upcoming tour with a new EP in tow. Tickets for their September 12th show at Johnny Brenda’s go on sale Friday, April 26th at noon; more information will be available here. Stream and download a new track called “It’s a Diamond Life” here.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Local musician James Cuartero has released a new EP called What It’s Like When You Are Desperate for a New Life. Recording as That Dream Was Our Life, Cuartero is in the midst of a year-long project that will see him … Read More
- Bounce to "Little Ghost," the new single from Philly electro-popper W.C. Lindsay
- The Key Studio Sessions: Marah
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Philly art-pop outfit Auctioneer headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Singer and songwriter Craig Hendrix is in the midst of working on a new album – in between his stint playing keyboards in bands like Birdie Busch and The Greatest Night – … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- Unlocked: Going deep into the creative process of Creepoid