About a week ago we posted about a new Philly band, The Cloth. They had released a couple songs digitally, which are awesome; however, we’ve since acquired a physical copy which has three more great tracks on it, and now we want everyone to get to know this band. Word on the street is that they are killer live, and they play extremely loud, making the upstairs at Kung Fu Necktie an ideal stage. They will be playing there tonight, along with APE!, Tile, and Killer of Sheep (PGH). Show starts at 8pm and the cover is $8. Don’t miss out!
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Unlocked: Katie Frank's "False Alarm," then and now
- The Ghost in You: Billy Polard talks video games, the suburbs, and the challenges of home-recording
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
Mike Bell & The Movies play The Fire tonight. The power pop / punk band out of Philadelphia (featuring members of Algernon Cadwallader and Dangerous Ponies) released a new record called Nothing Works a few weeks ago, following up their Stuck in … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more
Although it might not seem so after your first listen, Philly locals The Cloth are pretty difficult to categorize into one genre. Their noisy, hardcore punk sound is accompanied by unexpectedly slower, often screaming vocals and guitar riffs that are … Read More
- Get to know: The Cloth