Invited to Paste Live Sessions NYC, Philly group Cheers Elephant took to the sky for a rooftop performance in Brooklyn. Even with the bare bones set-up, the local quartet made sure residents of the southernmost borough could hear their psychedelic pop-rock loud and clear. Check out the video from the live session of Cheers Elephant’s “Leaves,” a spunky track that has been featured on NPR and Spotify. After a brilliant set at City Hall Presents summer concert series, Cheers Elephant will play a few more local shows this summer — stopping at MilkBoy on July 20th and participating in the second annual Brandywine Folk Festival on August 24th.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Before relocating to sunny California, Cheers Elephant met up with Out of Town Films to film a few songs and bring their time in Philadelphia to a close. Surrounded by piles of books inside Fishtown’s Bookspace, the locally-born indie pop … Read More
- Review: Cheers Elephant's "farewell for now" and Kopecky Family Band's return to town is a winning ticket
- "We don’t want to be an L.A. band, or a California band. We want to be a national band." Cheers Elephant talks beer, Philly and their move west.
Tonight's Concert Picks: My Bloody Valentine at Electric Factory, Dresses at MilkBoy, Taj Mahal Trio at Grand Opera House, and more
Ethereal alt-rock icons My Bloody Valentine are bringing their elusive melodies and spidery vocals to Electric Factory tonight before they finish up their North American tour in New York. Dropping their anxiously anticipated third full length album mbv in February, … Read More
- Rose Windows warms up the Philly crowd with their haunting vibes
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Local Natives at Electric Factory, Anjuli Josephine at MilkBoy, Alo Brazil at Underground Arts