Indie Rock outfit The National Rifle recently played a Bands in the Backyard session in South Philly. Both synth-y and a bit power pop-y, they played their track “Glass Line,” and chatted afterwards about their band, their sound, changes over time, and the Philly music scene. The National Rifle has been around for about five years, and they just released their first full-length album, Almost Endless, earlier this year. The band will be playing the North Star Bar on June 27th, alongside Shorty Boy-Boy and Cruiser. It’s a benefit show to raise money for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings – great music, great cause!
MORE POSTS ABOUT
- Concert Previews
- Bands In The Backyard
- North Star Bar
- The National Rifle
They may have moved almost 3000 miles away last year to be in sunny Los Angeles, but Cheers Elephant were born and bred in Philadelphia and we still love them. They make it easy to do so with their … Read More
- Bondage & Discipline are dark and romantic on debut single "Only Your Love"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The Sixties at Milkboy, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
Bands In the Backyard was on hand to capture Light Heat in action at their Race Street Pier appearance last month. The local psychedelic band performed songs off of their debut self-titled record, including lead-off track “Dance the Cosmos Light,” which … Read More
- Watch Bridge Underwater perform "Dead Man" for Bands in the Backyard
- Watch: Bands in the Backyard sits in on a Light Heat rehearsal with with guest players Peter Bauer of The Walkmen and Skye Skjelset of Fleet Foxes
Crunchy synth work and loud guitar riffs are central to Revolution, I Love You‘s modern twist on classic rock ‘n roll, which reoccurs on their new EP The Atlantic Ocean. The band says the new EP, released this Tuesday, “is … Read More
- Airy shoegaze meets fast punk: TheOne2s to play North Star Bar 2/28
- Johnny Flynn plays in Philly for the first time in 3 years
New Name, New Music, New Show: The National Rifle reinvents itself as Bondage and Discipline, debuts at KFN next month
Philly alt-rock crew The National Rifle has been hinting at some big news since last November. Turns out, the band had plans to change its name to Bondage & Discipline, which it did a month ago without much explanation, after … Read More
- Photo Recap: Shorty Boy Boy headlines benefit for Boston Marathon victims
- Download The National Rifle's Daytrotter session, see them tonight at Benefit For Boston