Local rapper / singer / all-around-showman Dice Raw recorded a short video for Bands in the Backyard, previewing the new free music series, Third Thursdays Live and Local, which happens at the Race Street Pier every month. In the video, Dice gives a short yet compelling performance of his song “1995″, and gives further info (sort of) about the upcoming show at the pier. The series, presented by Philebrity and in conjunction with Black Music Month Week, will kick off tonight with performances by Dice Raw, Lushlife, Jade Alston, and D’Vina. Find additional info here, and check out more videos from this week’s artists after the jump.
Sometimes unlikely combinations on paper make for good bedfellows in the studio. Such is the case with Cody ChesnuTT who collaborated with Gary Clark, Jr. on “Gunpowder On The Letter,” from ChesnuTT’s new Landing on A Hundred: B-Sides and Remixes. … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- Just announced: A double dose of Phish at the Mann in July
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
This week is the SXSW music conference in Austin, Texas – something you pretty much can’t miss if you frequent the music blogosphere. But if you’re staying home in Philly and find yourself scrolling through photos and tweets about amazing … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
Last month Creepoid premiered the first single, “Sunday,” from its upcoming self-titled album on No Idea Records. Here’s the video for it, and it’s quite laid back for what we’ve seen from the band in the past. Despite the album … Read More
- Watch Dreambook go outside with "Stay Inside" on this month's BITBY episode (playing Johnny Brenda's on 7/12)
- Check out a BITBY video of Northern Arms live (playing Ortlieb's 6/19)
This summer we were drawn in by the thought-provoking songs Roots crew affiliate Dice Raw leaked, all in promotion of Jimmy’s Back, a concept album taking a critical look at the prison system. It was set to drop in August, … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Dice Raw, Ape School, Diego Garcia
- The Key Studio Sessions: Dice Raw
The Made In Philly Festival provides an all-local answer to Made in America at The Blockley August 30th
Noticing that no Philadelphia artists were featured on this year’s Made In America lineup, promoter Earl Chandler collaborated with DJ Aktive to throw their own festival. Made In Philly features 17 up-and-coming hip-hop, R&B and pop names including Bones, Jade Alston, … Read More
- Dice Raw, Lushlife kick off new music series at Race Street Pier on 6/20