Local punks Pissed Jeans just debuted a new music video for their song “Romanticize Me.” The track is off the band’s latest full-length release, Honeys, which came out earlier this year on Sub Pop. The video is sure to be the only place you’ll find a figure skater using Pissed Jeans as his backing music; check it out for yourself below. The band is playing a free show at Morgan’s Pier on August 28th – which should be awesome, since the show they played there last summer ruled. Get more information at the R5 Productions website here.
In this Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session, we’re very excited to present performances from Cut Copy. This year, the Australian electro-rockers released their fourth full-length, Free Your Mind. The album is a dynamic and shimmering follow-up to 2011′s Zonoscope. … Read More
- Download "Biggie," a new song from Warpaint (playing UnionTransfer on 3/22)
- Just Announced: Band of Horses to release new live album and play Merriam Theater 3/1
Beloved local Americana supergroup US Rails, led by multi-instrumentalist Ben Arnold, performed live for the On The Hill Series at Kettle Pot Tracks on site at Steel City Coffee in Phoenixville, Pa. The folk/rock band – comprised of Arnold, Joseph Parsons, Scott … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lucius at World Cafe Live, Levee Drivers at Kung Fu Necktie, Phantogram at Union Transfer and more
- Dynamic electronic beat-makers Instamatic perform at Kung Fu Necktie tonight
Local synth band Instamatic have been hard at work lately. Their newest, three song EP, Things Went Black is available now at their Bandcamp as a name-your-own-price download. In addition to that, they’re also featured (along with a handful of … Read More
- Watch a music video to The Weeknd's eight-minute "Belong to the World" (playing Susquehanna Bank Center 10/4)
- Steady Hands release new video, free download for "I Swear Like A Sailor"
Why not start the year off on the heaviest foot possible with Pissed Jeans, Purling Hiss and Trophy Wife at Union Transfer on February 8th? Ultra-thrash punk band Pissed Jeans released their Honeys LP on Sub Pop this year, while scuzzy … Read More
- Review: A chaotic set from Pissed Jeans and more at Morgan's Pier (photos, review)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Kurt Vile at Courtyard City Hall, Pissed Jeans at Morgan's Pier, Taj Mahal at Havana
This week, Daughn Gibson released the hard-hitting, unapologetically twangy and uncannily experimental LP Me Moan on Sub Pop Records. The Carlisle, Pa. songwriter – whose roots lie in the prog-metal scene of the aughties – went into the studio with … Read More
- Low release new video for "Plastic Cup" (playing World Cafe Live 6/21)
- My Morning Download: "A Tattered Line of String" by The Postal Service (playing The Mann Center June 17)