Local punks Pissed Jeans just debuted a new music video for their song “Romanticize Me.” The track is off the band’s latest full-length release, Honeys, which came out earlier this year on Sub Pop. The video is sure to be the only place you’ll find a figure skater using Pissed Jeans as his backing music; check it out for yourself below. The band is playing a free show at Morgan’s Pier on August 28th – which should be awesome, since the show they played there last summer ruled. Get more information at the R5 Productions website here.
Three girls strutted onto the Trocadero’s stage last night, each donning a flouncy dress, maybe paying homage to the first spring-like day in months. Opening the show, Au Revoir Simone, hailing from Brooklyn, played their dream pop tunes to entice … Read More
- Surrealist singer-songwriter Robyn Hitchcock takes the Sellersville Theater on a trip through the randomizer
- A sold out crowd worships Lorde's royal debut at the Tower Theatre
It’s going to be a good night for new projects from the regional punk scene. At Boot And Saddle, the band Thrills – the side project of Vacationer’s Michael Mullen that we told you about last month – makes its … Read More
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
Local synth band Instamatic have been hard at work lately. Their newest, three song EP, Things Went Black is available now at their Bandcamp as a name-your-own-price download. In addition to that, they’re also featured (along with a handful of … Read More
- Watch a music video to The Weeknd's eight-minute "Belong to the World" (playing Susquehanna Bank Center 10/4)
- Steady Hands release new video, free download for "I Swear Like A Sailor"
It was definitely one of the harder-hitting lineups at Union Transfer in recent memory: Philly thrash four-piece Pissed Jeans, alongside scuzz-guitar jammers Purling Hiss and power duo Trophy Wife. Check out photos from Saturday night’s all-ages punk extravaganza below. (Hear … Read More
- Tonight’s Concert Picks: Restorations at Boot & Saddle, Mission of Burma / Bleeding Rainbow at First Unitarian Church, and Trophy Wife / Purling Hiss / Pissed Jeans at Union Transfer
- Just Announced: Pissed Jeans, Purling Hiss and Trophy Wife will play Union Transfer on 2/8
This week, Daughn Gibson released the hard-hitting, unapologetically twangy and uncannily experimental LP Me Moan on Sub Pop Records. The Carlisle, Pa. songwriter – whose roots lie in the prog-metal scene of the aughties – went into the studio with … Read More
- Low release new video for "Plastic Cup" (playing World Cafe Live 6/21)
- My Morning Download: "A Tattered Line of String" by The Postal Service (playing The Mann Center June 17)