“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Experimental Philly duo Air is Human will take up residency at Ortlieb’s this month and, as music to our ears, the shows will all be free. Every Wednesday night, Air is Human will have a hand-picked opener and jam out … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl--The Philadelphia Flower Show heralds spring and flamenco heats up Philadelphia!
With parts of Philadelphia still without power, and much of the New Jersey coast even more ravaged in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, NBC will air Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together, a benefit telethon concert on Friday to raise funds for … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Delta Rae at World Cafe Live, Into It. Over It. and Restorations at First Unitarian, Forest Fools and Tweeds at Pi Lam, Richie Sambora at Electric Factory (UPDATE: canceled)
- Please admit it: you have a soft spot for Bon Jovi
While on tour in 2012, famed Philadelphia turntablist DJ Jazzy Jeff had a camera with him at all times (well, most times), and the result is Vinyl Destination, a new web video series he launched with the new year. In … Read More
- Video flashback: Watch Rap City, the 1988 documentary about Philly's rising hop-hop scene
- Download a new mixtape by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Life Colors
There are few artists, bar any genre, who can command a stage and engage a crowd like Jay Z. At this point in his career, based on performances like last night, and the breadth of his dozen studio albums, it’s … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Meshell Ndegeocello at World Cafe Live, Luray at Burlap and Bean, Jason Isbell at Union Transfer and more
- Jay-Z honors Pimp C on "Tom Ford" remix (playing Wells Fargo Center on 1/29)