Local rock n’ roll outfit Toy Soldiers have just announced that their next LP, called The Maybe Boys, will be released on September 10th. The Maybe Boys, which was funded primarily on Kickstarter, will be the band’s first release since its 2011 EP, Get Through the Time, and its first long-player since debuting in 2009 with Whisper Down the Lane.
In celebration of the release, Toy Soldiers will be playing a show at Johnny Brenda’s on September 13th. They’ll have the album available on CD and vinyl and “a bunch of other fun stuff.” Tickets are on sale now, and more info can be found here. Below, check out a live performance video of “Tell The Teller” and “Forget How It Used To Be” filmed at at World Cafe Live.
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Philly art-pop outfit Auctioneer headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Singer and songwriter Craig Hendrix is in the midst of working on a new album – in between his stint playing keyboards in bands like Birdie Busch and The Greatest Night – … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- Unlocked: Going deep into the creative process of Creepoid
Lantern's Kickstarter-funded North American Tour set to begin Sept. 30th at Voyeur, new 7" now available for pre-order
In keeping with our non-official policy of, “We have very mixed feelings about Kickstarter, and we’ll only post about Kickstarter-related news if it involves your pledges getting you something cool that is actually worth the money,” The Key brings you … Read More
- Donate to Slutever's "Do America Tour" Kickstarter campaign to get merch, videos, prank calls, + more
The new LP from local quartet Pill Friends is now streaming on Bandcamp. Titled Blessed Suffering, it features previously released tracks “Forget Me” and “Satan Is Your Master”, as well as eight brand new ones. Produced and recorded in Philly … Read More
- Listen to Brett Dennen's new "Wild Child" via Rolling Stone (playing XPoNential Music Fest 7/27)
- Gogol Bordello new's Pura Vida Conspiracy coming out this month (playing XPoNential Fest aftershow at TLA 7/26)
Today we bring you our latest Key Studio Sessions compilation, pulling together the best of what we’ve recorded in the final four months of 2013. I’m always psyched about these comps, but The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 in particular … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Low Cut Connie at Johnny Brenda's, Kalob Griffin Band at World Cafe Live, The Districts / Pine Barons at Chameleon Club, and more
- Listen to Toy Soldiers' new Daytrotter Session (playing the Strand Capitol on 10/26)