Local rock n’ roll outfit Toy Soldiers have just announced that their next LP, called The Maybe Boys, will be released on September 10th. The Maybe Boys, which was funded primarily on Kickstarter, will be the band’s first release since its 2011 EP, Get Through the Time, and its first long-player since debuting in 2009 with Whisper Down the Lane.
In celebration of the release, Toy Soldiers will be playing a show at Johnny Brenda’s on September 13th. They’ll have the album available on CD and vinyl and “a bunch of other fun stuff.” Tickets are on sale now, and more info can be found here. Below, check out a live performance video of “Tell The Teller” and “Forget How It Used To Be” filmed at at World Cafe Live.
Long-running New York pop-punk crew Bayside hit The Troc earlier this month for a sold-out show with Doylestown four-piece Daylight (which has since changed its name to Superheaven) and Mixtapes. Bayside is on tour in support of Cult, it’s first … Read More
- Psalmships soars with somber new single "Flesh Turn" from upcoming album I Sleep Alone
- Nick Millevoi set to release new record Numbers on the Side this month
New wave icon Boy George warmed up for his show tonight at the TLA with a rousing Free at Noon set before a sold-out World Cafe Live crowd. Having just collaborated with co-headliners Black Lips on a cover of T. … Read More
- Cheerleader promises new single, and they deliver with a satisfying preview
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
Tonight's Concert Picks: TJ Kong EP release at Johnny Brenda's, Goodnight Lights at The Fire, Cloud Cult at Prince Music Theater and more
TJ Kong and The Atomic Bomb will rock Johnny Brenda’s tonight in celebration of their latest EP KONG. The Philly-bred four-piece are a pleasant mix of garage rock and jump blues that’s far from predictable. Check out “Telephone Blues’ below … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: PAWS at Boot and Saddle, Jose James at World Cafe Live, Protomartyr with Amanda X at Kung Fu Necktie
- TJ Kong go balkan in their Random Tea Sessions performance of "Dynamite"
Lantern's Kickstarter-funded North American Tour set to begin Sept. 30th at Voyeur, new 7" now available for pre-order
In keeping with our non-official policy of, “We have very mixed feelings about Kickstarter, and we’ll only post about Kickstarter-related news if it involves your pledges getting you something cool that is actually worth the money,” The Key brings you … Read More
- Donate to Slutever's "Do America Tour" Kickstarter campaign to get merch, videos, prank calls, + more
The new LP from local quartet Pill Friends is now streaming on Bandcamp. Titled Blessed Suffering, it features previously released tracks “Forget Me” and “Satan Is Your Master”, as well as eight brand new ones. Produced and recorded in Philly … Read More
- Listen to Brett Dennen's new "Wild Child" via Rolling Stone (playing XPoNential Music Fest 7/27)
- Gogol Bordello new's Pura Vida Conspiracy coming out this month (playing XPoNential Fest aftershow at TLA 7/26)
Root Down in the Shadow’s Cover Club session series, which features local Philly musicians covering whoever they please, returns to Nomad Recording Studio this week and features Bernhardt Family Band covering Toy Soldiers’ “Tomorrow to Today”. The harmonies in this cover … Read More
- Download The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 (feat. Amanda X, Balance and Composure, Mean Lady and more)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Low Cut Connie at Johnny Brenda's, Kalob Griffin Band at World Cafe Live, The Districts / Pine Barons at Chameleon Club, and more