Bensalem-native pop-punkers Scuzbot have been working in to studio on their next album, but they’ll be playing a local show – their first in a few months – this coming Thursday, July 18th. The hometown gig will take place at Kung Fu Necktie, and tickets are on sale now. Find more info here, on their Facebook page. Scuzbot’s self-titled full length is available to download via their Bandcamp page, and check out them out performing an unplugged, acoustic version of their track “Giving Up On You”, below.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
On the heels of a lively Made In America set Sunday, pop/soul-outfit Fitz and the Tantrums, whose sophomore full-length More Than Just a Dream came out earlier this year, have just announced that they’ll be stopping in Philly this fall … Read More
- Just Announced: Citizen Cope playing the Merriam Theater 10/18
Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Before getting back to work on a new album and kicking off a co-headlining tour with Hellogoodbye next month, Vacationer will headline this month’s Communion Club Night tonight at Underground Arts. The Philly-based pop band, who are working on their … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more
- Run, juggle, and run some more in Purples new video for "Variations"
There’s something familiar about Bensalem natives Scuzbot. Their sound is very late ’90s/early ’00s pop-punk (think Lit and Blink-182). In their new video, Scuzbot present themselves as a group of fun and carefree guys as they sing about a girl … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Boy Wonder at World Cafe Live, Cozy Galaxies at Chameleon Club, Scuzbot at the Fire