Local electro-pop duo Lockets have shared a new song called “Girl,” the b-side to this summer’s “Surrender” single release. Dani Mari and Todd Mendelsohn have found the sweet spot in dream-pop again and again since their 2012 debut Camera Shy and ”Girl” showcases what the team does best – namely, retro 80s production layered with sweetly-sung lyrics about love. It’s an earwarm of the dreamiest kind. The 10″ single, which includes remixes of “Surrender” and “Girl” by Sun Glitters and Fear Club, will be pressed to transparent orange vinyl in a limited run of 300 and is available for pre-order here. Lockets plays Johnny Brenda’s this Thursday, July 18th, with Worshyper and Sylvan Esso; tickets and information can be found here.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
Mike Bell & The Movies play The Fire tonight. The power pop / punk band out of Philadelphia (featuring members of Algernon Cadwallader and Dangerous Ponies) released a new record called Nothing Works a few weeks ago, following up their Stuck in … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Tonight's Concert Picks: GZA at Electric Factory, Lockets at Boot and Saddle, Dads at The Barbary and more
Wu-Tang Clan’s GZA will bring his raw lyricism to the Electric Factory stage tonight. After a six-year break, the emcee will release his new space-themed album Dark Matter this year. Watch the rapper preview his new album at the University … Read More
- Lockets will debut new line-up at Boot & Saddle on 1/16
- The Week So Far: 10 must-read stories on The Key (incl. David Wax Museum, Pill Friends, At Fest)