Last month, Philly blues-Americana dudes Toy Soldiers traveled a couple hours south to tape a performance for Paste Magazine’s Live at Aloft series. The session is out as of last night, and its a deadpan performance of “Heart in a Mousetrap” from Toy Soldiers’ 2012 EP Tell The Teller, rumbling amps and all. Watch the video here. Toy Soldiers perform at the 52nd Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival next month, and their forthcoming LP The Maybe Boys comes out in September, with an album release show at Johnny Brenda’s on 9/13. Get tickets and information on Fest here, and on the Johnny Brenda’s show here.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Basia Bulat recently released a video for her single “It Can’t Be You” in anticipation for her upcoming album, Tall Tall Shadow, due out on October 1st. Watch as the rising folk-singer plays her acoustic piece in black and white … Read More
- Philly favorites Toy Soldiers to play live session for Paste Magazine
- Morning Roundup 8/26/10: On the crucial importance of service charges
Todd Rundgren and David Uosikkinen’s In The Pocket each performed a set at this year’s Philly Folk Festival on Saturday night, however, during the In The Pocket set, Rundgren came out to perform his classic “Open My Eyes,” which was … Read More
- The Key's Week of Folk: Impressive Saturday sets from Spirit Family Reunion, Sierra Leone Refugee Allstars and The Mavericks
- The Key's Week of Folk: Gene Shay on what it's like to be an MC
Today we bring you our latest Key Studio Sessions compilation, pulling together the best of what we’ve recorded in the final four months of 2013. I’m always psyched about these comps, but The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 in particular … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Low Cut Connie at Johnny Brenda's, Kalob Griffin Band at World Cafe Live, The Districts / Pine Barons at Chameleon Club, and more
- Listen to Toy Soldiers' new Daytrotter Session (playing the Strand Capitol on 10/26)