Good news for fans of turntablist trailblazer DJ Shadow – the man behind the classic LP Endtroducing…, the hyphy subgenre and nearly two decades of instrumental hip-hop artistry is making a return to Philadelphia late this summer. He’ll play the Starlight Ballroom on September 14th in support of his 2012 LP All Basses Covered, and tickets are available here. Listen to a BBC mix he compiled with Diplo and friends below.
Every year new traditions begin and that’s why I’ve invited The Hooligans back in to join me this coming Monday, March 17th for my St. Patrick’s Day Leicht Lunch at Noon. I’ll be previewing their appearance on the show by playing … Read More
- Watch Thee, Idea Men perform "Help Me Mama" live at Milkboy
- Former Philadelphians Cheers Elephant release lyric video for "Peoples"
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
This week is the SXSW music conference in Austin, Texas – something you pretty much can’t miss if you frequent the music blogosphere. But if you’re staying home in Philly and find yourself scrolling through photos and tweets about amazing … Read More
- Just announced: A double dose of Phish at the Mann in July
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
Diplo and the Mad Decent crew have announced the details for this summer’s four-city Mad Decent Block Party tour. The traveling festival is set to stop in NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and LA between July 30th and August 20th. The Philly … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Best Coast + Wavves, No Joy at Starlight Ballroom
- Were you on stage (and on camera) during The Dismemberment Plan's performance of "The Ice Of Boston" last night?