Folksy pop-rock outfit The Lawsuits have released a catchy new tune, “Love is Weight.” Much less Americana than most of their other work, the single is a soaring, nostalgic 70s-style poppy tune that still manages to have a bit of a slight folk feel. Tracked in the Converse Rubber Tracks studio back in June, it has hints of synth in the beginning that lead into an overall breezy, smile-inducing track – good stuff. The band is playing both the Philly Folk Fest on August 16th and the Brandywine Folk Festival in Kennett Square on August 24th.
In this Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session, we’re very excited to present performances from Cut Copy. This year, the Australian electro-rockers released their fourth full-length, Free Your Mind. The album is a dynamic and shimmering follow-up to 2011′s Zonoscope. … Read More
- Download "Biggie," a new song from Warpaint (playing UnionTransfer on 3/22)
- Just Announced: Band of Horses to release new live album and play Merriam Theater 3/1
Producers very rarely develop the same kinds of public profiles as the artists whose works they assist/architect/benignly neglect. Rap and hip-hop has managed to elevate the status of producers, but only somewhat – in this world, the producer only reaches … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lucius at World Cafe Live, Levee Drivers at Kung Fu Necktie, Phantogram at Union Transfer and more
- Dynamic electronic beat-makers Instamatic perform at Kung Fu Necktie tonight
DRGN King‘s “Holy Ghost,” a track featured on their full length album Paragraph Nights, was recently remixed by Alex Kimble, a rapper and producer from Oxford, Mississippi. The electronic remix bumps like a pop rager while still maintaining the chill vibe … Read More
- Hang out with Belgrade in the music video for "Venice on a Map"
- Dynamic Philly producer Moon Bounce releases free download for "Marvelous Beast"
Todd Rundgren and David Uosikkinen’s In The Pocket each performed a set at this year’s Philly Folk Festival on Saturday night, however, during the In The Pocket set, Rundgren came out to perform his classic “Open My Eyes,” which was … Read More
- The Key's Week of Folk: Impressive Saturday sets from Spirit Family Reunion, Sierra Leone Refugee Allstars and The Mavericks
- The Key's Week of Folk: Gene Shay on what it's like to be an MC
Watch Brian and Vanessa from The Lawsuits cover Ween's "She's Your Baby" (playing Kung Fu Necktie on 12/6)
For the latest installment of Root Down in the Shadow‘s Covers Club series, it’s like Bucks County of the present takes on Bucks County of the past. Brian Dale Allen Strouse and Vanessa Winters of The Lawsuits delicately harmonize on … Read More
- The Lawsuits record a stripped down session for NYC Taper's Backyard Brunch series
- Just Announced: Milkboy closing out 2013 with The Lawsuits, TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb and Commonwealth Choir