Guitarist Chris Forsyth and the Solar Motel Band play Johnny Brenda’s tonight, after a June residency at Ortlieb’s Lounge. Both in Philly and elsewhere, Forsyth has been in various awesome projects throughout the years. In October he and his band plan to release the expansive LP Solar Motel on Paradise of Bachelors Records. Check out part of Solar Motel below, and find more information on the show here.
Philly punkish alt-folk outfit The Hundred Acre Woods are playing Johnny Brenda’s tonight alongside Harper’s Fellow. The band released “Base of my Heart” this past February on a 4-way split which you can listen to below. Also on the bill are The Naked Sun and Joe Miller – you can find more information here.
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
John the Conqueror celebrate the release of The Good Life at Milkboy tonight. Formed in 2010 by Mississippi natives Pierre Moore and Mike Gardner with Philadelphian Ryan Lynn, the trio has spent its short career creating a sound that keeps … Read More
- Groove to Pattern is Movement's new track "Climb to Me"
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...First Friday, Sustainability and Women's History Month!
Today we bring you our latest Key Studio Sessions compilation, pulling together the best of what we’ve recorded in the final four months of 2013. I’m always psyched about these comps, but The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 in particular … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Anthony Green, La Maison Tellier, Oldermost
- Folkadelphia Bonus Session: Chris Forsyth
Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Philly art-pop outfit Auctioneer headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Singer and songwriter Craig Hendrix is in the midst of working on a new album – in between his stint playing keyboards in bands like Birdie Busch and The Greatest Night – … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- Unlocked: Going deep into the creative process of Creepoid
Crunchy synth work and loud guitar riffs are central to Revolution, I Love You‘s modern twist on classic rock ‘n roll, which reoccurs on their new EP The Atlantic Ocean. The band says the new EP, released this Tuesday, “is … Read More
- Airy shoegaze meets fast punk: TheOne2s to play North Star Bar 2/28
- Johnny Flynn plays in Philly for the first time in 3 years