Indie rockabilly outfit Those Darlins recently released the music video for their new song “Optimist.” It’s the second single off of Blur the Line, their upcoming album due out on October 1st. “Optimist” is a rollicking garage jam full of catchy rhythms and old-school spunk. Those Darlins play in Philly at Boot and Saddle on October 16 with support from acoustic singer Gambles. Find more information here, and watch the quirky music video below.
Philly rockers Nothing recorded a cover of Low’s “In Metal” for Record Store Day. You can download the song for free below. The band posted on their Facebook page: Recorded a song at home on an anxiety ridden Friday night. … Read More
- Belgium's Ignatz channels heartland America, plays Pageant: Soloveev Gallery on 4/22
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Elegant Animals, Railroad Earth and more
Just in time for sunnier days and (comparatively) warmer temperatures, Vacationer has returned with a brand new single called “The Wild Life.” In the insatiably catchy and polyrhythmic track, frontman Kenny Vasoli sings about “starting to change, being less guarded … Read More
- Singer-songwriter Madalean Gauze depicts the reality of "American War"
- Take in the vintage punk influences on Ex Friends' newest single "Fadeage"
The resilience of River City Extension: how the Jersey folk rock band didn’t let change keep them from ‘Deliverance’
Fans know River City Extension as a boisterously loud and energetic folk rock group that has toured with up to eight people at a time. Despite the pop sensibilities many folk bands have adopted, this New Jersey crew remained tough … Read More
- Have a pool party in Maria Taylor's poppy video for "Up All Night" (playing Boot and Saddle 2/5)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Kopecky Family Band at TLA, Jose James at World Cafe Live, Luscious Jackson at Union Transfer, and more
The Nashville rock and roll band Those Darlins began when several of the band’s members met at a girls rock and roll camp near Nashville, and released their self-titled debut in 2009. Three albums, a number of singles and one … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Angelique Kidjo at the Prince Theatre, Those Darlins at Boot & Saddle, Our Griffins & Lost In The Trees at Johnny Brenda's
- Watch Those Darlins play bluesy ballad "That Man" live with special guests