Philadelphia chamber poppers Buried Beds will release their latest album, In Spirit, this fall, and the album release show was just announced at the new R5 Productions venue in South Philly, Boot And Saddle. Also on the bill are Teen Men, a new group featuring Nick Krill and Albert Birney of The Spinto Band, and Minneapolis story-book folk group Caroline Smith and the Goodnight Sleeps. Tickets for the 21+ show are on sale now via the venue website. Below, listen to Buried Beds’ new single “Stars.”
Every year new traditions begin and that’s why I’ve invited The Hooligans back in to join me this coming Monday, March 17th for my St. Patrick’s Day Leicht Lunch at Noon. I’ll be previewing their appearance on the show by playing … Read More
- Watch Thee, Idea Men perform "Help Me Mama" live at Milkboy
- Former Philadelphians Cheers Elephant release lyric video for "Peoples"
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
This week is the SXSW music conference in Austin, Texas – something you pretty much can’t miss if you frequent the music blogosphere. But if you’re staying home in Philly and find yourself scrolling through photos and tweets about amazing … Read More
- Just announced: A double dose of Phish at the Mann in July
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
Tonight's Concert Picks: Lizanne Knott Philabundance benefit at World Cafe Live, The Phosphenes at The Fire, and Cuddle Magic at Boot and Saddle
Philly’s Lizanne Knott will play a show benefiting Philabundance tonight at World Cafe Live. The longtime local favorite released her last album Standing in the English Rain back in 2012. Featured in indie films, TV movies, and documentaries, Knott’s music is … Read More
- A scuzzy fun rock show at Boot and Saddle with Miniature Tigers and more
- Groove to Pattern is Movement's new track "Climb to Me"
Year End Mania is the Key’s survey of the things below the surface that made 2013 awesome. In this installment, our trusted reporter Kate Bracaglia talks Philly tunes. Living in Philadelphia, I’m always blown away by how many amazing artists … Read More
- Buried Beds get animated in "Children of the Sea" video
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Amos Lee, Vikesh Kapoor, Mean Lady