Check out a brand new grungy song by Residuels, the two piece garage rock outfit out of Philadelphia made of of drummer Pat Troxell (Creepoid) and singer-guitarist Justin Pittney (Moon Women). The duo brings forth something super fuzzy and energetic, and even a little spacey (see guitar solo) in this song entitled “Too Much.” Check out Residuels playing at Underground Arts with The Oblivians and The Strapping Fieldhands tonight, and get tickets here. More info at the Facebook event page.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
- Modest Mouse playing SteelStacks summer concert series
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
Free show alert: Residuels rocking the Justin Pittney Birthday Explosion (happening at Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow night)
When Creepoid drummer Pat Troxell and Moon Women‘s Justin Pittney get together for Residuels, you know it’s going to be a thrashing, heavy and loud experience. The three songs on their debut self-titled EP (release last November) sound like a … Read More
- Listen to "Maligned," a new track from Residuels (opening for Trail of Dead on 11/18)
- Listen to a cover of The Gun Club's "Sex Beat" by Residuels (playing Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow night)
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- Matt Pond PA returns to Philly for Emblems 10 Year Anniversary Tour