Check out a brand new grungy song by Residuels, the two piece garage rock outfit out of Philadelphia made of of drummer Pat Troxell (Creepoid) and singer-guitarist Justin Pittney (Moon Women). The duo brings forth something super fuzzy and energetic, and even a little spacey (see guitar solo) in this song entitled “Too Much.” Check out Residuels playing at Underground Arts with The Oblivians and The Strapping Fieldhands tonight, and get tickets here. More info at the Facebook event page.
Tonight's Concert Picks: Lucius at World Cafe Live, Levee Drivers at Kung Fu Necktie, Phantogram at Union Transfer and more
Photo by: Peter Larson www.peterlarsonphoto.com Indie pop/rock quintet Lucius bring their catchy harmonies and intoxicating vocals to World Cafe Live tonight. With the October release of their wildly celebrated debut album Wildewoman, which has been making the rounds on a slew of top albums of 2013 … Read More
- Dynamic electronic beat-makers Instamatic perform at Kung Fu Necktie tonight
- Listen to "Funeral Beds" from The Districts self-titled EP, out on Fat Possum in January
PHILADANCO presents a Christopher Higgins Tribute, honoring the renowned choreographer with four performances of some of his best known work, Friday through Sunday, at the Kimmel Center‘s Perelman Theater. Legendary comedy troupe The Second City is performing its Nut Cracking Holiday … Read More
- Philly pays tribute to The Last Waltz for a sold-out Troc crowd, raises money for education
- Run For Cover Records signs Scranton locals, Petal
DRGN King‘s “Holy Ghost,” a track featured on their full length album Paragraph Nights, was recently remixed by Alex Kimble, a rapper and producer from Oxford, Mississippi. The electronic remix bumps like a pop rager while still maintaining the chill vibe … Read More
- Hang out with Belgrade in the music video for "Venice on a Map"
- Dynamic Philly producer Moon Bounce releases free download for "Marvelous Beast"
Free show alert: Residuels rocking the Justin Pittney Birthday Explosion (happening at Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow night)
When Creepoid drummer Pat Troxell and Moon Women‘s Justin Pittney get together for Residuels, you know it’s going to be a thrashing, heavy and loud experience. The three songs on their debut self-titled EP (release last November) sound like a … Read More
- Listen to "Maligned," a new track from Residuels (opening for Trail of Dead on 11/18)
- Listen to a cover of The Gun Club's "Sex Beat" by Residuels (playing Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow night)
New York-based electronic dance outfit Brazilian Girls play at Underground Arts January 31st. After a brief hiatus, the original foursome reunited last year to work on some new material. Find tickets to the show here. In April, the band posted … Read More
- Just Announced: Daniel Rossen of Grizzly Bear plays solo at Underground Arts on 4/14
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cults at The TLA, Communion Club Night featuring Rosco Bandana at Underground Arts, Myrrias at Ortliebs and more