Run For Cover Records recently announced the signing of Scranton locals, Petal. Founded by Kiley Lotz in 2012, the band has a rotating lineup that consists of members from Tigers Jaw, Captain We’re Sinking, Three Man Cannon, Halfling, and Wicca Phase Springs Eternal. Scout is the debut five song EP from Petal, consisting of songs that fall in right in place with the Scranton scene and the band’s new label. Featuring Brianna Collins and Ben Walsh of Tigers Jaw, the EP is somewhat laid back with an undertone of anger and frustration. This is a punk-influenced indie rock band that is worth keeping an eye on. Stream Scout below. Petal performs at The Menzingers and Tigers Jaw sold out holiday show this December 21st in Scranton, PA.
Long-running New York pop-punk crew Bayside hit The Troc earlier this month for a sold-out show with Doylestown four-piece Daylight (which has since changed its name to Superheaven) and Mixtapes. Bayside is on tour in support of Cult, it’s first … Read More
- Psalmships soars with somber new single "Flesh Turn" from upcoming album I Sleep Alone
- Nick Millevoi set to release new record Numbers on the Side this month
New wave icon Boy George warmed up for his show tonight at the TLA with a rousing Free at Noon set before a sold-out World Cafe Live crowd. Having just collaborated with co-headliners Black Lips on a cover of T. … Read More
- Cheerleader promises new single, and they deliver with a satisfying preview
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
Circling back to his solo work after releasing recordings with satellite projects Many Arms and the Ricart / Millevoi Quartet, local guitarist Nick Millevoi will release Numbers on the Side this month at the Pageant: Soloveev Gallery. Spanning three tracks of … Read More
- Guitar deities and #xpnfest artists Rodrigo y Gabriela give a taste of their new album in "The Russian Messenger"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...Record Store Day, Earth Day on the way, Philadanco at home, and more!
The Menzingers and Tigers Jaw recently announced that they will headline a holiday show in their hometown of Scranton on December 21st. Playing at the St Stanislaus Youth Center alongside other local acts like Captain We’re Sinking, Three Man Cannon, … Read More
- Review: The Menzingers kick off tour with sold out show at The Church
- Today's Concert Picks: Work Drugs, City Rain, and Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's, Kite Party at Goldilocks Gallery, and Johnny Miles at FDR Park
Today, Philly pop-punk four-piece Modern Baseball released “Rock Bottom,” the second song from their new full length album You’re Gonna Miss It All, via BrooklynVegan. Filled with the honest grumblings of any modern day young adult, you’ll find yourself laughing while … Read More
- Modern Baseball will release the new You're Gonna Miss It All LP on 2/11, tour with The Wonder Years in the spring
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Midlake at Johnny Brenda's, Yo Gotti at The Troc, Modern Baseball at The Fire
On May 6, Kite Party will unveil their second full-length album, Come on Wondering. On May 8, they’ll celebrate with a record release show at PhilaMOCA. The twinkly Philly punkers have waited three years to follow up their popular album, … Read More
- The Menzingers and Tigers Jaw headlining hometown holiday show in Scranton on 12/21
- Guest VJ Nick Fanelli previews Guild Shows' Tuesday Tune-Out (kicks off tonight at PhilaMOCA)