The folk/rock band – comprised of Arnold, Joseph Parsons, Scott Bricklin, Tom Gilliam, and Matt Muir – play a trio of tracks in a simple and intimate basement venue for the On the Hill series; an appropriate setting for their low-down grass-roots sound. Acoustically driven, the session is a personal look into this seasoned group of players in the local roots scene.
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...First Friday, Sustainability and Women's History Month!
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Tonight's Concert Picks: Up The Chain at Ardmore Music Hall, Weird Hot at Johnny Brenda's, August Burns Red at Union Transfer, and more...
Philly acoustic folk soul project Up The Chain is celebrating the release of their anticipated new album Seeds & Thorns with a party at Ardmore Music Hall tonight. Produced by Bill Moriarty (who has recently worked with The Lawsuits and Toy … Read More
- That's So Philly launches "Sing With A Philly Teen" featuring Ben Arnold and Arin Edelstein
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Stornoway with Field Report at Kung Fu Necktie, A Benefit Concert for Lentil with Tommy Conwell and more at The Blockley, West Philadelphia Orchestra at Underground Arts
Local harmonica player Ansel Barnum and guitar player Jason Hahn took their imaginative instrumental folk to the studios of Kettle Pot Tracks for an On the Hill session. The Philadelphia Folk Festival alums played five tracks ranging in style from … Read More
- Ron Gallo performs new solo tracks for an On the Hill session with Kettle Pot Tracks
- Unlocked: Watch Mason Porter play "Home For the Harvest" at bassist Tim Celfo's home