Australia’s Courtney Barnett was scheduled to play Boot & Saddle on February 20th, but due to overwhelming demand and the fact that tickets were sold-out two months early, the singer, songwriter and guitarist will now make her Philadelphia debut at Union Transfer. Tickets and information for the now all-ages XPN Welcomes show can be found here. Previously purchased tickets for Boot & Saddle will be honored. Check out Barnett’s recent The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas below.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
“This is officially the biggest crowd we’ve played for,” says Australian rocker Courtney Barnett with a grin, last night at Union Transfer. The crowd cheers enthusiastically. The show’s been sold out for weeks, after being moved from the much smaller … Read More
- Courtney Barnett to make her Philly debut at Boot & Saddle on 2/20
Philly space rockers The War on Drugs are often seen as unsmiling, super-serious vibe-wranglers. But they’re actually pretty funny dudes. When they’re not getting the candid long-form profile treatment in Grantland or crafting records full of dramatic atmospheres (Lost in … Read More
- Locals mewithoutYou and LA's Touche Amore bring the energy to Union Transfer
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more