Austin’s Brazos headline Boot & Saddle tonight. The pop trio released Saltwater on Dead Oceans earlier this year, showcasing frontman Martin Crane’s knack for sugary, upbeat songwriting that is instantly welcoming and comfortable. Tickets and information for tonight’s 21+ show can be found here. Watch the video for “How the Ranks Was Won” below.
Liz Longley opens her two-night run at Burlap and Bean tonight. The local singing and songwriting mainstay released her self-titled LP last year after moving to Nashville, following up the full-length this month with two Christmas songs. Tickets and information for her solo performance can be found here. Listen to “Feels Like Christmas to Me” below.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Scottish garage rock ragers PAWS release new single "Tongues," will kick off U.S. tour in Philly in April
After playing three shows in Philadelphia last year, Scottish outfit PAWS will return on April 16th to kick-off their next run of bi-coastal dates. The garage rock trio will bring their forthcoming LP Youth Culture Forever to Boot & Saddle to … Read More
- Vacationer announce new side project Thrills, releasing debut LP at Boot & Saddle on 3/8
- Wish Southwork well on their SXSW travels at Boot and Saddle next weekend
Tonight's Concert Picks: Meshell Ndegeocello at World Cafe Live, Luray at Burlap and Bean, Jason Isbell at Union Transfer and more
The ever soulful jazz/ R&B singer/instrumentalist Meshell Ndegeocello will perform a tribute to Nina Simone at World Cafe Live at The Queen in Wilmington tonight. Backed by a full band, Ndegeocello will incorporate her unique jazz and gospel flair into … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Hurry at Boot and Saddle, Anjuli Josephine at Tin Angel, A Fistful of Sugar at World Cafe Live and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Ali Wadsworth at Ruba Club, The Deli's 5th Anniversary Bash at PhilaMOCA, River City Festival at Penn Treaty Park and more
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ari Hoenig with Loop 2.4.3. at World Cafe Live, Tuesday Tune-Out at PhilaMOCA, and Liz Longley at Burlap and Bean
Ari Hoenig and Loop 2.4.3. will help celebrate the Philly Drum Project‘s first anniversary tonight at World Cafe Live. Working with locally and nationally known drummers, Philly Drum Project hosts monthly meet ups where percussionists can trade tips, check out … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Milk Carton Kids at World Cafe Live, Liz Longley at Burlap and Bean
- Listen to Josh Ritter and Philly Locals from the WXPN Musicians On Call benefit concert