Tonight we close out a phenomenally fun year of the Indie Rock Hit Parade on XPN! Before we break for a brief hibernation, we’ve got a zinger of a show to share tonight at 10pm. We’ll hear an Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session with the Philly/NYC band Swearin’, who just released an awesome new album called Surfing Strange. Plus, we’ll hear a smattering of original and classic indie holiday tunes!
Last week’s Indie Rock Hit Parade featured a live session with the Portland duo Dresses, which you can revisit HERE
And here’s the playlist from last week’s show:
See you tonight at 10pm for the final Indie Rock Hit Parade of the year! 88.5 XPN, of course!
Modest Mouse is one of the featured artists in the Summer Concert Series at SteelStacks in Bethlehem on the MusikFest Cafe grounds. The iconic Portland band performs Wednesday, May 21st. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th, at 10 … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- Lana Del Rey playing Skyline Stage at The Mann on May 11th
All photos by Chris Sikich | countfeed.tumblr.com After twelve songs entranced the Union Transfer crowd into 1 a.m. on Saturday morning, Deerhunter’s leader, the charismatic and sometimes confrontational Bradford Cox, put the show on pause. With the sorrow relating to … Read More
- Watch Crystal Stilts' new video for "Star Crawl" (playing Union Transfer on 9/20)
- Listen to a new Crystal Stilts song, "Future Folklore" (playing Union Transfer 9/20)
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- Spend your evening with The Horrors, Milagres and St. Vincent on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
- St. Vincent, Phantogram, Real Estate and more come out to play on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
Another new music-packed Indie Rock Hit Parade is in your future! Tonight at 10pm on XPN, to be precise. There’s a whole lot of new music to get to, including new tracks from…well, have a gander below and tune in … Read More
- The Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Sessions: Swearin'
- Just Announced: An amped-up New Year's Eve at Johnny Brenda's with Screaming Females, Swearin' and Batty
Saturday and Sunday Concert Picks: Arc in Round, Built to Spill, Free Energy, Steve Wynn, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, and Mynabirds
Here’s our concert picks for Saturday and Sunday SATURDAY: WXPN and R5 Productions present Arc in Round for their Record Release Party at Johnny Brenda’s. The 21+ show begins at 9 PM, go here to purchase tickets. Free Energy & … Read More
- My Morning Download: "Body Of Work" by The Mynabirds (playing Johnny Brenda's in June)
Brooklyn’s Woods will release its sixth studio album With Light and With Love on April 15th through Woodsist. The LP is taking the psych / folk rock outfit on tour across the States, starting off at Boot & Saddle on April … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Woods / Parquet Courts at Morgan's Pier, Night Moves at Kung Fu Necktie, Minka at Ortlieb's, XPN Welcomes Lake Street Dive to Haddon Lake Park
- Woods, playing a free show at Morgan's Pier with Parquet Courts on 7/24, release a new 7" single