Another new music-packed Indie Rock Hit Parade is in your future! Tonight at 10pm on XPN, to be precise. There’s a whole lot of new music to get to, including new tracks from…well, have a gander below and tune in tonight to hear these (and more) in the mix!
For added fun, here’s a Spotify playlist of last week’s show, the very first Indie Rock Hit Parade of 2014!
See you tonight at 10 p.m. for the Indie Rock Hit Parade on WXPN!
Wednesday nights in May will get a bit more folksy as Hoots and Hellmouth prepare for their upcoming residency at Boot and Saddle. It’s a first for both the band, who will use the opportunity to unveil and test out … Read More
- Plow United brings summertime punk to Asbury Lanes and Boot and Saddle in June
- Get goosebumps from Psalmships' Kettle Pot Tacks session
Our latest Indie Rock Hit Parade live session features a pioneering figure of our namesake genre. Dean Wareham formed Galaxie 500 in 1987. The trio split after four very productive years, leaving Dean to form his next band, Luna. Since … Read More
- A session with Dean Wareham, a spotlight on Woods and much more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
- Get hip to new sounds from tUnE-yArDs, EMA, The Afghan Whigs and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
As both performers remarked, their previous visits to Philadelphia had been met with little but empty rooms and lackadaisical barkeeps. But to the obvious excitement of both Aidan Knight and headliner James Vincent McMorrow, Union Transfer was filled with humans … Read More
- Just Announced: James Vincent McMorrow playing Union Transfer on 4/5
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Active Child at First Unitarian Church, James Vincent McMorrow at Johnny Brenda's
Singer, songwriter and guitarist Annie Clark, best known as St. Vincent, came through town on Friday, February 28th and performed a radiant, imaginative show at Union Transfer. Clark is currently on tour in support of her stunning new self-titled album. … Read More
- The radiant St. Vincent stages an imaginative preformance at Union Transfer
- Watch Philly's Ben O'Neill cover St. Vincent's "Cheerleader"
In November, indie rock four-piece Swearin’ released its sophomore album Surfing Strange and embarked on a somewhat epic tour in support of it. The month before, the band had just done a month across Europe. We caught them just in … Read More
- Deck the halls with the Indie Rock Hit Parade's last show of 2013!
- Just Announced: An amped-up New Year's Eve at Johnny Brenda's with Screaming Females, Swearin' and Batty
Morgan's Pier begins to roll out summer lineup, including free R5 shows from Merchandise and Temples
Morgan’s Pier has started to roll out its summer lineup of live music, including the first free shows presented by R5 Productions on Wednesday nights throughout the summer. Live shows under the stars at the Pier have become a summer … Read More
- Happy Record Store Day! Go out and buy some vinyl
- Watch Temples play "Shelter Song" and "Mesmerise" at SXSW, listen to their entire set