Another new music-packed Indie Rock Hit Parade is in your future! Tonight at 10pm on XPN, to be precise. There’s a whole lot of new music to get to, including new tracks from…well, have a gander below and tune in tonight to hear these (and more) in the mix!
For added fun, here’s a Spotify playlist of last week’s show, the very first Indie Rock Hit Parade of 2014!
See you tonight at 10 p.m. for the Indie Rock Hit Parade on WXPN!
Philly rockers Nothing recorded a cover of Low’s “In Metal” for Record Store Day. You can download the song for free below. The band posted on their Facebook page: Recorded a song at home on an anxiety ridden Friday night. … Read More
- Belgium's Ignatz channels heartland America, plays Pageant: Soloveev Gallery on 4/22
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Elegant Animals, Railroad Earth and more
Our latest Indie Rock Hit Parade live session features a pioneering figure of our namesake genre. Dean Wareham formed Galaxie 500 in 1987. The trio split after four very productive years, leaving Dean to form his next band, Luna. Since … Read More
- A session with Dean Wareham, a spotlight on Woods and much more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
- Get hip to new sounds from tUnE-yArDs, EMA, The Afghan Whigs and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade!
As both performers remarked, their previous visits to Philadelphia had been met with little but empty rooms and lackadaisical barkeeps. But to the obvious excitement of both Aidan Knight and headliner James Vincent McMorrow, Union Transfer was filled with humans … Read More
- Just Announced: James Vincent McMorrow playing Union Transfer on 4/5
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Active Child at First Unitarian Church, James Vincent McMorrow at Johnny Brenda's
Singer, songwriter and guitarist Annie Clark, best known as St. Vincent, came through town on Friday, February 28th and performed a radiant, imaginative show at Union Transfer. Clark is currently on tour in support of her stunning new self-titled album. … Read More
- The radiant St. Vincent stages an imaginative preformance at Union Transfer
- Watch Philly's Ben O'Neill cover St. Vincent's "Cheerleader"
In November, indie rock four-piece Swearin’ released its sophomore album Surfing Strange and embarked on a somewhat epic tour in support of it. The month before, the band had just done a month across Europe. We caught them just in … Read More
- Deck the halls with the Indie Rock Hit Parade's last show of 2013!
- Just Announced: An amped-up New Year's Eve at Johnny Brenda's with Screaming Females, Swearin' and Batty
Today is the 7th annual Record Store Day. It’s a day to celebrate music, specifically the independent record stores that sell it and the exclusive vinyl selections by hundreds of bands being released as an incentive to get music fans … Read More
- Watch Temples play "Shelter Song" and "Mesmerise" at SXSW, listen to their entire set
- SXSW Dispatch: Public Radio Rocks showcase with Damon Albarn, Lucius, Temples and more