Folky Philly indie rock outfit The Hundred Acre Woods recently visited Space Jam Sessions – the new video project of local photographer (and Key contributor) Allison Newbold – where frontman Winthrop Stevens performed the gut-wrenching “Base of My Heart.” Totally stripped down to an acoustic and his voice, the music thrives with its simply heavenly melody. The band throws a release party for its new EP Cold In the Morning tonight at Golden Tea House alongside Alex G, I Kill Giants, Au Revoir, and SHMNS. For more info, check out the Facebook event.
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- Death Cab for Cutie playing Ovation Hall at Revel Casino on May 25th
- XPN Welcomes Ray LaMontagne with Jason Isbell to Susquehanna Bank Center on June 7th
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
New York based Palehound released the six song Bent Nail EP back in October, and I have to say I’m disappointed I did not hear about them until now. A lot of potential is wrapped up in this band, from the songwriting … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Goodnight Lights at MilkBoy, Alex G at PhilaMOCA, Kite Party at Boot and Saddle
- Kat Kat Records announces line-up for Phest Two, happening 12/28 to 12/31
Philly’s Bleeding Rainbow make the music of survival. I mean that in a few ways, the first being a sheer reflection of their sound. The torrent of interlocking guitars – founding member Rob Garcia chugging away in your one speaker … Read More
- Get amped for The Weaks' album release with "Dunce Pageant"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Goodnight Lights at Boot & Saddle, Speedy Ortiz at Golden Tea House, Ma Jolie at Siren Records
Drexel University’s Flux will throw their first show of the year on Friday, January 24th featuring DRGN King and SHMNS. DRGN King had a big 2013, playing a much-loved set at the XPoNential Music Festival in July, recording Daytrotter, Brighton Sound … Read More
- Cold Fronts going on mini tour to ring in the new year, set to play Hard Rock Cafe 12/29
The Hundred Acre Woods brought their thoughtful and upbeat folk punk in for a Key Studio Session this week. The West Philly five-piece recorded six songs, some off of their recent Cold in the Morning 7″ along with a selection of singles … Read More
- The Key Studio Sessions: The Hundred Acre Woods
- Listen to Cold In The Morning by The Hundred Acre Woods via Property Of Zack