Wu-Tang Clan’s GZA will bring his raw lyricism to the Electric Factory stage tonight. After a six-year break, the emcee will release his new space-themed album Dark Matter this year. Watch the rapper preview his new album at the University of Toronto below and get tickets here.
Local dream-pop outfit Lockets will debut its new lineup tonight at Boot and Saddle. The band released its ’80s-influenced synth-pop EP Surrender last August and have plans to release a new split EP with LA band White Bush. Listen to “Surrender” below and get tickets here.
Philly rockers Nothing recorded a cover of Low’s “In Metal” for Record Store Day. You can download the song for free below. The band posted on their Facebook page: Recorded a song at home on an anxiety ridden Friday night. … Read More
- Belgium's Ignatz channels heartland America, plays Pageant: Soloveev Gallery on 4/22
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Elegant Animals, Railroad Earth and more
In George Herriman’s classic Krazy Kat comics, Ignatz is the main antagonist, a belligerent mouse whose habit of hurling bricks at the title character’s head only endears him to her. His anarchic aggression seems an ill fit for Belgian guitarist … Read More
- Photos: La Dispute, Pianos Become the Teeth, Mansions get heavy at Union Transfer
- Kate Faust embraces intuition in new "Matter Of Trust" video
Tonight's Concert Picks: Juana Molina at Boot and Saddle, Family Vacation at World Cafe Live and Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Strand Capitol PAC
Tonight, singer-songwriter Juana Molina will play at Boot and Saddle. The Argentina native released her moody sixth album Wed 21 late last year and is known her songs’ complex arrangements and undeniable sincerity. Watch “Eras” below and get tickets here. … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: PAWS at Boot and Saddle, Jose James at World Cafe Live, Protomartyr with Amanda X at Kung Fu Necktie
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Daniel Rossen at Underground Arts, S. Carey at Boot and Saddle, I Break Horses at Johnny Brenda's
Donald Glover is a man of many traits; an actor, a comedian, a writer, but this night he was his musical moniker, Childish Gambino. The Electric Factory was packed with eager fans anticipating what was sure to be an epic … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Grouplove at Electric Factory, Philly Jazz Project “Who’s Got The Jazz” at World Cafe Live, and Goldfrapp Tales of Us at the Trocadero
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Flogging Molly at Electric Factory and Incan Abraham at Boot and Saddle
Dream pop duo Lockets introduce new vocalist Catie Parker with cover of Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball"
Lockets | photo via www.facebook.com/locketsmusic Synth-pop Philly duo Lockets have released a cover of pop mega star Miley Cyrus’ track “Wrecking Ball”. Before there’s any eye rolling, I’m happy to note that Lockets have managed to put their synth heavy dream … Read More
- Lockets will debut new line-up at Boot & Saddle on 1/16
- The Week So Far: 10 must-read stories on The Key (incl. David Wax Museum, Pill Friends, At Fest)
If you’re into heavenly bedroom-pop, Jessy Lanza’s debut Pull My Hair Back is a must-hear record. Lanza’s take on minimalist R&B is hypnotic and colorful in a mellow, quietly captivating way. Taking cues from dance-inspired R&B of the early ’90s, … Read More
- Philly's Revolution, I Love You serve up a round of electro-rock delights via The Atlantic Ocean EP
- Airy shoegaze meets fast punk: TheOne2s to play North Star Bar 2/28