Back in November, Anthony Green and Good Old War stopped by Audiotree in Chicago to perform six songs off Green’s newest album Young Legs and discuss the importance of writing honest music kong other topics. A tight set and a stellar vocal take by Anthony Green make this live session a must-see for anyone who was not able to make it out to his huge show at Union Transfer. Check out the video below.
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Pop-punk fans rejoice as Midtown and Saosin reunite, both confirmed to play this year's Skate and Surf Festival
With bands like Taking Back Sunday and The Early November still alive and kicking (with their original lineups), fans of the early pop-punk wave have been enjoying a ride full of retrospective releases, new albums, and tours. Today, there’s two … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Anthony Green at Siren Records, Mike Bell and the Movies at Kung Fu Necktie, The Black Angels at Union Transfer and more
- Get a double dose of local genius this Sunday night at Doyletown's Siren Records with Anthony Green and Commonwealth Choir
Restorations recently announced their next local headlining show, an intimate set filled with “a ton of new songs” at south Philly’s Boot & Saddle. The post rock band has had a productive year with the release of LP 2, and a plethora … Read More
- Watch Restorations' lively Audiotree session
In October our pals Good Old War announced via Instagram that they were releasing a new live album. More details have been revealed and the band are releasing the new collection, Live From The City of Brotherly Love on December … Read More
- Good Old War to release live album in December
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes ALO to The Blockley, Denison Witmer at Johnny Brenda's, New Sweden at Steel City Coffeehouse, The Hooters with Good Old War at The Electric Factory