Philly’s Chill Moody is asserting dominance via hashtag rap on his new Mike Zombie-assisted track “Godzilla”. Both rappers spit lethal rhymes over the beat which includes a loop of what sounds like a shrieking Godzilla. Before getting sentimental at Hard Rock Cafe for his annual Valentines Day show (inspired by his mixtape Who Do You Love) on February 7th (tickets here), Chill Moody will blaze the Trocadero stage on January 30th. Get tickets here (for 96 cents!).
Every year new traditions begin and that’s why I’ve invited The Hooligans back in to join me this coming Monday, March 17th for my St. Patrick’s Day Leicht Lunch at Noon. I’ll be previewing their appearance on the show by playing … Read More
- Watch Thee, Idea Men perform "Help Me Mama" live at Milkboy
- Former Philadelphians Cheers Elephant release lyric video for "Peoples"
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
Chill Moody, Pattern Is Movement, Bleeding Rainbow will head up Visit Philly's Homesick Philly SXSW party
While you may not be heading to Austin, Texas next week for the SXSW Music Conference, Visit Philly is, and offering some musical refuge to Philadelphians who will be down there. The Homesick Philly party will happen on Thursday, March … Read More
- Snoop Dogg, Janelle Monae, The War on Drugs and Chill Moody top The Roots 7th annual Roots Picnic lineup
- Chill Moody pays tribute to The Roots' 1999 classic Things Fall Apart LP in new track
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Liz and the Lost Boys at Kung Fu Necktie, Nightlands at Ortlieb's, Former Belle at Hard Rock Cafe and more
- Listen to Sugar Tongue Slim's new Khari Mateen-produced single "Hell Wrong" (playing Hard Rock Philly tomorrow)
Tonight's Concert Picks: The Rail Park Benefit at Union Transfer, Erin McKeown Anti-Holiday Spectacular at Ardmore Music Hall, Lupe Fiasco at The Trocadero and more
Tonight, Union Transfer hosts a star-studded fundraiser concert for The Rail Park – a proposed public green space built along the rail tracks of the abandoned reading viaduct. The concert, which looks to raise money for the first phase of … Read More
- Just Announced: Broken Bells releasing new LP in January, coming to The Trocadero in March
- The Sound Of Animals Fighting announce their first shows in seven years (playing The Trocadero 3/20)