Deb Callahan is in the blues business, and she don’t mess around. Her new album Tell It Like It Is picks up on where she left off with her 2008 release Grace & Grit. Deb collaborated once again with producer and songwriter Chris Arms and on the record she brings some tasteful touches of gospel and rock to the mix. Deb’s got several record release shows coming up throughout the area which you can check out the listings for here. This song, “Gonna Get There” has a nice little crunchy Stevie Ray Vaughan vibe to it. Local guitar legend Allen James knocks out some fairly classic blues-rock riffs and this girl sure can sing!
Last Thursday, The Wonder Years dropped by Lancaster’s Chameleon Club to kick off their U.S. spring tour along with Philly’s Modern Baseball, midwestern crew Citizen, and Detroit’s Fireworks. Never having been to a pop-punk show before, everyone assured me that … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
- Modest Mouse playing SteelStacks summer concert series
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
The Wisconsin seven piece Phox are doing a World Cafe session with David Dye this week as part of the Cafe’s week long Sense of Place Austin series. This week there are featured sessions with singer-songwriters Alejandro Escovedo and Patty … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Samantha Crain at The Fire, Des Ark at Johnny Brenda's, The Districts at World Cafe Live, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at Chameleon Club
Whether it’s with a band, as a guest musician or simply flying solo, Samantha Crain makes great music anyway possible. The folk singer has been around for a few years and just released her third studio album, Kid Face in February. … Read More
- Get psyched for PhilaMOCA's David Lynch-themed exhibit by listening to David Lynch's new LP The Big Dream on Pitchfork
- Jam out with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at The Chameleon Club on 7/19
Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes Charlie Musselwhite to The Sellersville Theater, Amanda X with Point Breeze at PhilaMOCA for Tuesday Tune-Out, Modern Baseball at The Barbary
XPN welcomes legendary blues musician Charlie Musselwhite to The Sellersville Theater tonight. Over his almost 50-year career, Musselwhite has released over 20 records in addition to collaborating on efforts by Bonnie Raitt, Tom Waits and others. Following the success of … Read More
- The 12 Days of Local Christmas: Download "Baby's First Christmas" by Deb Callahan
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Peter Gabriel at Wells Fargo Center, Ben Howard at Union Transfer, Jill Sobule at Kennett Flash, Deb Callahan at Steel City