My Morning Jacket roll in to town on Friday, August 17th with openers Band of Horses at The Mann for a rock show you won’t want to miss. On August 7th, the Jacket release its “Outta My System” remix EP. The original version of “Outta My System” is on Circuital, however, below you can listen to Washed Out’s blissful, ambient remix of the song and compare it to the original.
Go here to purchase tickets and for more information about the show.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
XPoNential Fest: An Americanarama grand finale with Bob Dylan, Wilco, My Morning Jacket and Ryan Bingham
Though yesterday’s record-setting torrential downpour washed out Wiggins Park headliners Dawes, the 2013 XPoNential Music Festival ended on a high note with tremendous Americanarama lineup of Ryan Bingham, My Morning Jacket, Wilco and the legendary Bob Dylan and his band. … Read More
- Watch Wilco and My Morning Jacket cover Neil Young (playing XPoNential Music Fest)
- My Morning Download: "The Day Is Coming" by My Morning Jacket (from the World Cafe archives)
This spring Mock Suns will bring their prog-eyeing psych pop back with their upcoming album, Santander/All that I Knew, coming out on April 29. Today we’re premiering the first single from the album, “As It Is; As It Was.” The … Read More
- Photos: Winterwaltz Fest with Washed Out and Damn Right at The Electric Factory
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lee Fields & The Expressions at Union Transfer, Washed Out at the Electric Factory, Bilal at The Blockley and more
Stream Neko Case's new album in its entirety via NPR Music First Listen (XPN Welcomes Neko Case to the Electric Factory 9/25)
Neko Case releases her new album, The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You, on September 3rd. You can stream the new album in its entirety here via NPR Music. Stephen … Read More
- WXPN Welcomes Leagues to Milkboy Philly on February 22nd
- My Morning Download: "Little Numbers" by BOY (XPN Welcomes to World Cafe Live in March)