Scottish indie-folk band Frightened Rabbit has released a new video of “Backyard Skulls.” The song is from their new album, Pedestrian Verse. The band plays Union Transfer on April 6. Tickets and information on the all-ages show is available here.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
Scottish troubadours Frightened Rabbit step up their show at Electric Factory (photos, review, setlist)
All photos by Rachel Barrish | rachelbarrish.com On Sunday evening the Scottish brethren in Frightened Rabbit consumed the stage at the Electric Factory. Having previously played at a sold out show at the smaller Union Transfer back in February, the … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Sir Sly at Boot and Saddle, Frightened Rabbit at the Electric Factory, Animal Collective at Union Transfer
- The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Big Footprints Project, Make Music Philly, Light Heat)