BOY, the German/Swedish girl duo that includes singer Valeska Steiner and bassist Sonja Glass, stole our pop music hearts with their infectious debut Mutual Friends. Just recently they released Mutual Friends Acoustic featuring a cover of the French band Air’s “Playground Love,” from the movie The Virgin Suicides (and sung by “Gordon Tracks” AKA Thomas Mars of Phoenix). Listen to it below. BOY are playing the TLA on Saturday, October 5th. Go here for tickets and more information about the show.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ali Wadsworth at Ruba Club, The Deli's 5th Anniversary Bash at PhilaMOCA, River City Festival at Penn Treaty Park and more
Ali Wadsworth is not a new voice in Philly by any means, but she’ll be releasing her debut solo LP at Ruba Club tonight. The celebration will be an incredible one: a cocktail hour, sets by Auctioneer, Thom McCarthy and … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes Boy at World Cafe Live, Chuck Ragan's Revival Tour at the TLA, SpaceGhostPurrp at Underground Arts
- The Week's Best MP3 Downloads, incl. Chill Moody, BOY, Matt Pond