Today we have a premiere of another new song by Beck. Listen to it below.
Robin Hilton of NPR Music writes:
This is the third single Beck has released this summer. In June he released the woozy, chopped-up cut “Defriended.” He followed in July with the lush and hazy “I Won’t Be Long.” His third and final single in the trilogy is called “Gimme.” None of the singles will be on Beck’s next, and as yet unnamed, full-length record, due out sometime before the end of the year.
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Since his last proper studio album, 2008′s Modern Guilt, indie-rocker and singer-songwriter Beck has been involved in a number or creative projects. With various musicians he started the Record Club, recording full albums in one day sessions including Velvet Underground … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Eric Slick at PhilaMOCA, Philly Plays Beck's Song Reader at World Cafe Live, Elk Rhythms at the North Star Bar
- Kuf Knotz, Modern Inventors, The Districts and more to perform Beck's "Song Reader" at World Cafe Live on 01/08
Pearl Jam releases their new album, Lightning Bolt, on Tuesday, October 15th. You can listen to it now in its entirety on the Pearl Jam artist page here via iTunes. Today, NPR Music premieres a video – and World Cafe, … Read More
- Watch Vampire Weekend live in concert from NPR Music
- My Morning Download: "Ghosts and Creatures" by Telekinesis (playing Johnny Brenda's on May 7)